The Morristown Beard School productions of Sweet Charity and Inherit The Wind have been honored with a total of six nominations in the annual Montclair State University Theatre Night Awards. Congratulations to the cast and crew of both shows!
Last year’s spring musical, Sweet Charity, received three nominations:
· Outstanding Achievement in Direction of a Musical - Jim Ruttman
· Outstanding Achievement by an Actor in a Contemporary Musical - Salvatore D'Agostine ‘23, as Oscar Linquist
· Outstanding Achievement by an Acting Ensemble in a Contemporary Musical
The 2022 fall play, Inherit the Wind, received three nominations:
· Outstanding Production of a Dramatic Play
· Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Dramatic Play - Kaitlin Blount ‘23, as Henrietta Drummond
· Outstanding Achievement in New Media/Special Effects - Nik Marmo
The goal of the MSU Theatre Night Awards is to promote and advance the commitment to high-quality play production in New Jersey's secondary schools. The awards, which are run by the University's Department of Theatre, honor the accomplishments and achievement of both students and educators in the areas of performance, direction, design and technical theatre, as well as outstanding productions in the following genres: Drama, Comedy, Classical and New Work.
The awards ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 16.