On Wednesday evening, March 8, the MBS Athletics Department and the Office of College Counseling hosted an Athletic Recruitment Program in Founders Hall for 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade families. The event was designed to help parents and students learn how to navigate the recruitment process for college-level sports, how it fits with the college admission process, and what to expect as a college athlete.
Panelists included: Brett Axelrod (Women’s Soccer Coach at St. Peter’s University), Noreen Cassidy (MBS Director of College Counseling), Matt Guidon (MBS Girls Soccer Head Coach and Assistant Director of Admission), Gabby Holko (Women’s Basketball Coach at Susquehanna University), and Joe Lodato (MBS Boys Lacrosse Head Coach and Permanent Substitute).
The group covered a range of topics including:
· Official vs. Unofficial Visits
· How social media is used as a recruiting tool
· What is the Transfer Portal?
· What is the NCAA Clearinghouse?
· What factors students need to consider when looking at colleges