MBS is pleased to announce the following exciting trips for 2022 through its Global Studies initiative: A marine ecology/sustainability trip toThe Island School in the Bahamas, a multicultural tour of Spain, a service trip to Panama, and a boys lacrosse spring training trip to Arizona.
Please note that these trips will be open to Upper School students only. Sign ups are done in person with the lead chaperone by Friday, May 7.
The Island School, Bahamas — March 19-26, 2022
Students interested in marine ecology, biology, and conservation will enjoy this collaboration with The Island School in the Bahamas. Students will work with scientists to learn about their ongoing marine research projects in the field and in the lab. Explore, investigate, and help protect a variety of ecosystems including mangroves, the pelagic zone, flats, coral, and near shore reefs. Students will also get a closer look at the sustainable systems that The Island School uses every day, including solar, aquaponics, water collection, waste management and more.
Contact: Brad Turner
Spain — March 12-19, 2022
Students will have an opportunity to explore the history of multiculturalism in Spain during this spring break trip. We will travel to Seville and Granada, the largest cities in Southern Spain, which are famous for their Moorish/Arabian and Gothic architecture and flamenco dancing. Explore how three religions have influenced Spain’s architecture, music, art, and cuisine.
Contact: Rocio Romero
Boys Lacrosse Spring Break Trip to Arizona — March 13-18, 2022
The boys lacrosse team will head to sunny Casa Grande, Arizona for training and scrimmages during spring break of 2022. The program, run by Trilogy Lacrosse, utilizes a premier facility with a state-of-the-art athletic complex, resort hotel, and a high-end restaurant that caters all meals.
Contact: Sal Tromonda
Service Trip to Panama — June 24 – July 3, 2022
MBS has had such an incredible experience volunteering with Give & Surf, that we want to go back and do it again! As part of our ongoing partnership, students will assist with community development projects and work with preschoolers through Give & Surf, a nonprofit organization founded by MBS alumnus Neil Christiansen ’02. Of course, there will also be plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beaches and beauty of Panama!
Contact: Andrea Deventer
Important Registration Information for All Trips:
These trips will be open to Upper School students only. Sign ups are done in person with the lead chaperone by Friday, May 7.
· Seniors, juniors and Global Citizen Concentration students will have top priority.
· Sophomores and freshmen will be selected via a lottery.
· Once the list has been compiled and approved by the Director of Global Studies, the trip leader will contact you with instructions on how to enroll either electronically or manually.
· All selected participants must register and pay a $300 non-refundable deposit by May 30 in order to be part of the trip.
· Financial aid is available for anyone who is interested in traveling. Please contact Director of Admission and Financial Aid Meg Ahern (email@example.com).
Requirements Needed to Participate:
· All participants must be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19.
· All participants must be in good academic standing in order to be eligible to participate in any of the trips.
· All forms must be signed and notarized by a specific date.
In addition to these cultural, curricular and service trips, Morristown-Beard School also partners with numerous outside vendors offering juniors and seniors an opportunity to study abroad for a semester, a year, or a summer. MBS has also worked with reputable organizations to offer international students an opportunity to study abroad. If you have questions, please contact MBS Director of Global Studies Aline M. de la Torre-McCloskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.