This week in Wellness class, MBS 9th Graders got some good advice about study habits, social life, nutrition, managing stress, and more from those who have been in their place — MBS juniors.
As an end-of-the-year wrap-up in the Main Gym, the juniors answered specific questions that had been submitted on notecards before offering general advice to the freshmen. They touched on a variety of subject including standardized tests, the transition to AP classes, balancing social life and academics, and whether it’s manageable to be a 3-sport athlete.
Some of their advice:
· “It’s important to develop good study habits. Don’t procrastinate… get ahead of your work and do a little bit each day.”
· “Get to know everyone in your grade.”
· “You should put in the effort and always try your hardest. You’ll regret it if you don’t.”
· “Make sure you drink enough water during the day. You’ll feel better throughout the day. Sometimes when you feel hungry you’re just dehydrated.”
· “High school is about finding out who you are as a person. You shouldn’t have to change for anyone else. Be true to yourself and you’ll build authentic relationships.”