Multiple Tony Award nominee to assist with "The Miser"
At MBS, we believe in the power of the arts to stimulate creative thinking, resourceful problem solving, collaboration and teamwork, aesthetic appreciation, and openness to new ideas.
In addition, the arts have the power to illuminate academic study by making powerful, meaningful connections to history and literature, and promoting a greater understanding and responsiveness to the world at large and our place in it. The wide range of activities and programs offered, both at the Upper and Middle School levels, do more than teach students to sing, dance or draw/paint; they integrate the arts into student lives, inspiring individual reflection and community dialogue.
An Extraordinary Range of Opportunity
MBS offers students in the arts the chance to collaborate with faculty members who are themselves accomplished performers and artists, to sample from dozens of elective courses, and to pursue creative work in state-of-the-art spaces equipped with professional technology.
The range of offerings is extraordinary. Our students are given the opportunity to:
- Pursue Studio Art through the AP level.
- Study digital graphic design, photography, or music production.
- Experiment with special effects and produce original films.
- Take to the stage in spectacular musicals, explore the world of theater tech, and study instrumental or vocal music and varied forms of dance.
- Perform with the jazz band, the woodwind choir, or the strings ensemble.
- And much more throughout every year of their experience at Morristown Beard School.
First live performance in front of an audience at Founders since March 2020
Middle School to stage its first musical production in two years