- How do I apply to Morristown-Beard School?
- When is the admission deadline for the 2019-2020 school year?
- For which grades does MBS accept applications for admission?
- Does MBS require interviews in the application process? How are interviews scheduled?
- Which teachers are permitted to complete the teacher recommendations?
- Where is information regarding tuition and financial aid (including instructions and deadlines) located?
- Does MBS offer scholarship awards for 6th grade applicants?
- What busing company provides transportation services to MBS?
- What is the size of most classes at MBS?
- How many students are there in the Middle School and the Upper School?
- What is the student to faculty ratio?
- What is the percentage of female and male students?
- When is campus typically open throughout the week?
Applications to MBS are managed securely through Ravenna, a portal-based application website. Learn more about our application process or begin your application, or call the Admission Office at 973-532-7516.
We have two admission deadlines: Early Round and Regular Round. Both are open to all students. For a full list of application deadlines, please visit our Apply page.
|Early Round Application Deadline
The Early Round provides the first opportunity for students to pursue admission to MBS in the fall. Applicants receive Early Round decisions during the following month.
|November 30, 2018|
Early Round Admission Decision Notification
|December 20, 2018|
|Regular Round Application Deadline
The Regular Round also provides an opportunity for students to pursue admission to MBS in the fall. Applicants receive Regular Round decisions during the following month.
|February 1, 2019|
|Regular Round Admission Decision Notification||March 1, 2019|
Yes, student and parent/guardian interviews are required to complete the application process. Please contact the Admission Office at 973-532-7516 to schedule an interview.
*Please note: The Application Form (featuring student and parent information) must be completed and submitted through the Ravenna portal before an interview can be scheduled. Learn more about the application process.
The applicant’s current year Math and English teachers must complete the Math and English Teacher Recommendations. Similarly, the Science or Social Studies/History Recommendation must be completed by a teacher from the current school year.
The Optional Recommendation may be completed by a teacher (or other individual) of the applicant’s choice – no limitations exist for this recommendation.
To learn more about how to apply for financial aid – and deadlines for the process – please visit the Tuition and Financial Aid page.
Please note that financial aid at MBS is awarded annually based on a family's ability to afford tuition. It is MBS school policy to continue assistance throughout a student's time at MBS, provided that a family continually demonstrates financial need and the student's record merits continued support.
Morristown-Beard School subscribes to the principles and services of Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS). The parents/guardians of each applicant are required to complete the Tuition Aid Application and submit the form to TADS. Copies of recent W-2 forms as well as copies of U.S. Federal Tax Form 1040 (along with all supporting schedules and business statements, if applicable) also must be submitted to TADS.