Campus & Facilities
Our beautifully-maintained 22 Acre Campus includes:
William E. Simon Athletic Center
The William E. Simon Athletic Center is one of the area’s finest sports facilities. Students make full use of three regulation-size basketball and volleyball courts. Swimmers enjoy the Athletic Center’s Rooke Family Pool, a 25-meter indoor pool featuring six lanes. Surrounding the Athletic Center are four playing fields, including a running track and two multi-sport turf fields which were recently renovated.
Built in 1891, Beard Hall is the oldest building on campus and was once Morristown School’s Old Main. The building was renovated in 2004 to include the new Anderson Library, modern classrooms, reception rooms and meeting rooms. Today, the building houses the History Department, Business Office, Admission Office, College Counseling, and Headmaster’s Office.
Boasting an impressive 630-seat theater, Founders Hall serves as a hub for the arts at MBS and has also become the home of Morning Meeting, where the entire School community gathers each week. The facility also includes rehearsal space, classrooms and two levels of lobbies for exhibitions.
Furrer Math Center
Named in honor of Paul R. Furrer, a beloved math teacher at MBS for more than 30 years, the Furrer Math Center houses Morristown-Beard’s math classrooms and office space. The building was converted to a Math Center in 1979 after serving as faculty housing for many years.
This Dutch Colonial Revival built in 1916 had for generations been the home of Morristown and MBS headmasters and their families. It is now home of the School’s Alumni and Development offices and offers comfortable gathering rooms for intimate receptions and events.
A completely renovated and redesigned Middle School opened in September 2008 with spacious classrooms, upgraded technology, science laboratories, and commons areas designed to foster all kinds of new interaction.
Science Center and Dining Hall
Occupying 18,500 square feet, the Dining Hall/Science Center was dedicated in 1988. The Dining Hall is located on the ground level while the lower level contains the Science Center, housing labs, prep rooms and office space.
In 2007, South Wing was completely remodeled to become the new home of the MBS Learning Center. The renovated facility also houses visual arts classrooms and the School nurse.
Named for former headmaster Valleau Wilkie, Wilkie Hall opened in 1969 as a 340-seat auditorium with additional classroom space on the lower level. Wilkie Hall was recently renovated to house the School’s technology center and computer labs.
Formerly known as Old North, Grant Hall was completely renovated in 2004 to provide spacious classrooms and office space for the World Language and English Departments.
Located next to Beard Hall, the Anderson Library opened in 2004 and houses more than 17,000 volumes, audiobooks, daily newspapers, and subscriptions to 40 popular and professional periodicals. The Library also boasts comfortable study space and a computer lab with 26 networked computers providing both Internet and intranet access.