At MBS, we believe in the power of the arts to stimulate creative thinking, aesthetic appreciation and the openness to new ideas.
Through a wide range of activities and programs in the visual and performing arts, we hope to integrate the arts into the lives of people, inspiring indiv idual reflection and community dialogue.
Founders Hall, which opened in 2009, serves as a hub for the arts at MBS, boasting a 630- seat theater, rehearsal space, classrooms and lobbies for exhibitions.
Each year, arts activities regularly include:
Visual arts exhibits featuring student and faculty artwork
Upper and Middle School Dance Concerts
Vocal/Instrumental concerts featuring the Upper and Middle School Choruses, the Upper School Woodwind Emsemble, the Upper School Jazz Band, the Middle School Band and the Crimsingers.
- An Upper School fall drama or comedy production
- A faculty and staff instrumental concert
- A Middle School winter musical or play
- Contemporary Music Workshop (CMW) concerts featuring students and faculty
- An Upper School spring musical
- A Spring Arts Festival highlighting music, poetry, drama, film, and more.